Monday, August 17, 2009

Surf and Earn

As everyone knows there are many, many different ways to advertise. The same goes with what your budget allows you to do. I decided to utilize the traffic exchange programs, by surfing and earning credits. You may ask, what the heck is that. My first experience with it was years ago and because I really didn't understand what I was doing at the time, I dropped it. But, now I'm back and there are many to choose from. You can surf and earn a few credits for every page you look at and others will give you a lot of credits. As you read this, your still confused. Ah, but it really isn't confusing, it's just time consuming. That is if you are on that limited budget and you still want to get your website seen, then you will be surfing or opening e-mails sent to you by members of whatever company you signed up with.

Most every affiliate program out there can be used for FREE. So if you are on a budget, this is great for you to get you website seen. Now the reason I am doing it the FREE way is to find out which one works best for me. Evey company has a different way for you to advertise. Some will only let you list a web link, some will allow you to put a description and some will allow you to create a full ad campaign.

So what if you don't want to sit there and click and look and click and look and so on and so on.
You can spend a few dollars. Once again there are several cost levels, depending on the company and what they offer and how many members they have, etc.. these are many variable to consider. Which brings me back to doing it for FREE first.

I've only been doing this for a very short time and have surfed five different ones and have found two of them to be working for me the best, so far. One of the ways I keep track of how many clicks my website has gotten is a program called ViralURL. I love this program, because it has several tools to use, but the one I use the most is it's Cloaking tool. And when you cloak your URL, it also tracks it. The reason for cloaking, is it takes your looong URL and shortens it. Making it easier to use and keeps others from stealing your affiliate ID and your commissions.

So have fun and start surfing.


No comments: