Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Love To Network

Over the past four year’s, I’ve been going to network groups. There were two I attended often. Over time I checked out others and lately I have been attending four to five on a regular basis. One of my decisions this New Years was to add a few more groups to the mix. I say decision, because people break resolutions and rarely will break a decision.

Why go to networking meetings. Why not; they are a great way to meet new people and build relationships. When you build relationships and they may not need your services, but you may know others that do and in turn you too will get lots of referrals. When you give, your company will then grow too.

What types of Networking groups I attend. Mostly FREE. And there are some that have dues, but can attend a couple of times before joining. I feel the free groups are just as good, if not better. One of my favorite groups is Free International Networking. This group has a structure, the normal 30 second business intro, a gratitude section and a valuable brainstorming/consulting segment that will help grow your business.

If you have never been to a networking group you can find them on-line. One of the best places to look, is MeetUp.com. FNI is all over, so I'm sure you can find one that is in your home town. I live in the Orlando area, and another great source is Orlando Connections.

Now if you do live in the Central FL area or if you would like to visit, there is a fantastic symposium coming up on January 16th with Performance Magazine and National Publisher Jeffrey Magee. Registration is on line at www.orlandoperformancemagazine.com for Experience Symposium "Taking Control in Hard Times" listed under breaking news at the top of the page. Ed Mercer Billionaire, Teri Yanovitch and Colonel (Ret.) Danny McKnight are just a few that will be speaking.

If you are looking for business in whatever you do, I suggest you find some networking groups to attend.

No comments: