Wednesday, October 7, 2009

5 Steps Towards A Better You

Gratitude. You hear about it and may read about it; but how many people really express it? Do you get up in the morning and say out loud how grateful you are? There are many religions where you say thanks at the dinner table, prayers several times a day and go to church or synagogue. Then there are some who just wait until that one time of year: Thanksgiving.

I belong to a networking group that meets on Monday mornings called Free Networking International (FNI), where after we each do our 60 second pitch, we then go back around the room saying what we are grateful for. This is a fantastic way to start the week.

What about gratitude journals? Do you keep adding to it everyday or is it once in a while? Do you even have one? I have found the more grateful I am, the more confident I feel and that shows. It shows in attitude and physicality, plus you find yourself smiling more. I know I do. People will gravitate toward someone with a positive aura.

I personally have cut people out of my life who were negative. Everything they said was cynical. If I find myself talking with someone who just has nothing good to say, I walk away or get off the phone. The news is rarely on my TV in my home. My favorite part of the newspaper is the comics.

So what can you do to make yourself better?

1.) Get up in the morning and say out loud what you are grateful for.
2.) Before you go to sleep, say out loud what you were grateful for that day.
3.) Keep a gratitude journal.
4.) Recite any mantras you may have.
5.) Place some gratitude notes around your home, office, or with you.
6.) If someone pays you a compliment, say “Thank You”.

Here are some wonderful gratitude quotes:

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
--- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.”
--- Margaret Cousins

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
---William Arthur Ward

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
--- Brian Tracy

"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily."
--- Gerald Good

Have a wonderful and prosperous day. Thank you for reading this.

Bonnie Sprung
USA Studio & Associates
http://www.LeadSeekPro.Info
407-921-4585

Be good to yourself and say thanks by taking a trip http://SprungOnTheGo.Info


1 comment:

Robin said...

Thank you Bonnie. That was another great blog and something I needed to read. I actually was in a crappy mood today so this brought me back to reality.
So now I'm smiling :) :) :) :) :)
Robin